Date & Oat Slice Recipe
This snack recipe is very tasty but has a tendency to crumble and not
last long once it's been baked!
It also contains oats which are a healthy option with a low glycemic index (GI).
- 250 pack of dried dates
- 200ml water
- 250g margarine
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 175g plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g rolled or porridge oats
How to Make the Date & Oat Slice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F, Gas Mark 4
- Place the dates in a small pan with the water and simmer gently
- When the dates have broken down into pieces, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down
- Melt the marg and honey in a pan
- Add the flour, baking powder and oats
- Stir together
- Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm tin or try
- Press half the mixture into the base of the tin
- Spread the date mixture on the top
- Finally, top with the rest of the dry mixture
Bake for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool before cutting into pieces.
Leave in the tin until cooled.
Print this page
Links to other areas of the site
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
We'll keep you informed and updated
Copyright © 2012 -Diabetia - All rights reserved.
Conforms to W3C Standard